- 11th July, Menesqueville: AU RELAIS DE LA LIEURE. Owners not back until 04.04.2009. Expect a response to my email then, or will phone.
- 12th July, Chartres (Voves): LE QUAI FLEURI. There's a 16:00 cut-off before the hotel 'closes', otherwise we get involved in complicated keys-in-flowerpot behaviour. The restaurant is also closed on Sunday, so we've more than likely got to go back into Chartres - 20km away - in order to eat. This scenario is worrying me.
- 13th July, Bourges (Fussy): L'ECHALIER. All booked. The owner Catherine lived in Oz for 25 years as well as in England, so it'll be a welcome night-off for me on the translation front.
- 14th July: Clermont Ferrand (Orcines): LES HIRONDELLES. All booked. Bastille Day, so let's hope there's some action in town; perhaps a guillotining or two ...
- 15th July, Le Puy-en-Velay (Laussonne): LE CLAIR LOGIS. No space, so need to look at an alternative this weekend. The Hotel Hermitage looks promising.
- 16th July, Caromb: LA MIRANDE. Reception tell me that the owner couldn't confirm because he's in hospital: a recent knee operation he had got infected, and had to be re-opened. Amazing the level of detail people are prepared to go into.
- 17th July: Still need to sort one out for the final night. Hopefully one with really, really comfortable beds, and not right next to the airport.
Sagan goes climbing for classics prep
47 minutes ago